Improve your cost estimation accuracy.
The Cost Estimation short course is designed to provide resources industry professionals with foundational tools and techniques to perform capital, operating and business cost estimations specific to the resources sector from scoping to feasibility studies.
Delivered by experienced industry leaders, this course draws from the AusIMM Cost Estimation Handbook and many case studies to provide practical tips for pursuing more accurate cost estimation.
Participants will also receive a digital copy of the AusIMM Cost Estimation Handbook - a saving of up to $198.
The four-week course is a collaborative, hands-on online learning experience, taking learners approximately 12 hours to complete. Please note the live sessions are not mandatory, the webinar will be recorded and available on the same day for participants who are unable to attend the live event. Course content includes:
- Weekly live webinar
- Additional resources and readings (case studies, videos, articles)
- Selective examples of tools used
- Group discussion forums
- Learning activities in the form of short test questions
- Explain the purpose, characteristics and terminology of cost estimates in expenditure decisions and project studies
- Describe methods for estimating capital, operating and business costs
- Define accuracy, contingency, owner’s costs and timing
- Demonstrate general estimation techniques, shortcuts and checks
- Explain the use of benchmarking to validate cost estimates
- Describe estimating costs for emerging technologies
- Discuss cost estimation case studies
Made by industry, for industry
Meet your course facilitators: